Sat. Oct 31st, 2020

Compensation is the biggest barrier to hiring great talent

Tim Wade welcomes you to www.TimWade.media Forums Recruitment Compensation is the biggest barrier to hiring great talent

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Timothy WadeTimothy Wade
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

While salary transparency can give candidates confidence that a company is compensating them fairly, compensation itself isn’t always as big a factor in a candidate’s decision-making as some recruiters initially assume.

“Granted I was early in my career, but I thought compensation was the absolute most important thing that determined if someone was interested in a job,” says Jason Crigger, talent acquisition manager at Ste. Michelle Wine Estates. “Many candidate conversations later, compensation is important, but not the end-all-be-all for the majority of the candidates I chat with.”

Annie Boneta, the senior talent engagement partner at fitness company Zwift, also views salary negotiations differently than she once did.

“I used to believe compensation was the biggest barrier to hiring great talent,” she says. “Especially now with [COVID-19], people value a more balanced approach: culture, remote opportunities, leadership, work they will do, potential opportunities.”

Facebook Comments

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments